Wednesday, November 4, 2009

International Leather Sir - boy - Community Bootblack



Good Evening Everyone,

International Leather Sir, boy and Community Bootblack was held in San Francisco this past weekend. David was able to join me at the event, and it was a great time not only because the event was outstanding, but also due to my husband being in attendance!! As everyone knows, David is rarely able to attend events with me, so it is truly special when he is able to attend.

I arrived Thursday and David arrived late Thursday evening. I met up with just about everyone I knew at this event. It literally took an hour to walk through the lobby. boy jason, due to Sir Jason competing in the contest, was "leased" (LOL!) to David and I for the weekend. At one point, boy jason commented that being the boy to IML was tiring, because we never seemed to move but took hours greeting and meeting people. I had to chuckle because I thought, "Welcome to my world!" I love it!! But it does take some getting used to if you're not used to it. But please note that boy jason was joking! boy adam will be joining me at Mid-Atlantic Leather in January, and I look forward to his reaction. He will have to also be at the top of his game in order to keep up with me AND all of you!!! LOL

On Thursday evening, we went to a Meet & Greet at Mr. S Leather. A great gathering and I was able to see Josh. I don't get to see him often, so it was nice being able to run into him. I was also able to meet most of the contestants. Right after that, we went to another Meet & Greet at the hotel. It was there that I was able to meet the rest of the contestants. This was an incredible ILSb class and they all seemed to be prepared for the contest. (Once the contest started, it was proven to be true!!)

Friday, David and I went shopping for a new leather jacket for him. We found exactly what he wanted and at a great price! I also purchased a new pair of leather pants!! That evening was the first part of the contest. The Sirs and boys gave their speeches and participated in jock wear. All of them did an incredible job and brought their own unique style to each category. My compliments to all of their efforts. Y'all know how much I love to hear about other people's journeys and how their journey was affected or not affected by events or circumstances. To that end, the speeches were incredible! That evening, we went out to a couple of the bars; however, stayed at the SF Eagle for the most part. Gary, my IML brother was there (and not working), and he ensured that everyone had a grand time! In fact, most everyone was still feeling the effects of that grand time well into the afternoon the next day . . . LOL

Saturday, David and I slept in and that was an experience for the books!! We did not have the puppies in the bed with us, so we were able to cuddle all night and we also did NOT set the alarm clock!! Once we did get up, we sold the 2010 International Mr. Leather calendars (see previous blog) for a few hours. The community was very supportive and we had a great showing. Remember! All of the profits go to The Leather Archives & Museum, National Coalition for Sexual Freedom and Hearing from the Heart! None of the profits go to my travel fund. (I think some folks were under that impression.) Purchase your calendar today!!

That evening, we attended the 2nd and final portion of the contest. It was an incredible showing and I was proud of each and every one of the contestants. They brought their own unique style and journey to the stage and the contest and made the entire event shine. Big congratulations to Sir Tony Palazzo and boy brad hill, International Leather Sir and boy respectively. And a HUGE congratulations to Syr Evan from Dallas, Texas on being selected International Community BootBlack. Our hometown is proud of you!!!!!!!

Since the final portion of the contest corresponded with Halloween night, we went out to the SF Eagle to celebrate. Thank you Gary for your California hospitality!! I think I can say for all of us, we had an incredible time!!! After the SF Eagle, we stopped and grabbed a bite to eat and then went home.

Sunday, David had to leave for home. We took him to the airport (thank you Jay and Michael!!) and then I headed to Stompers for the victory brunch. Had a great time, as always. Then we headed over to the SF Eagle for the beer bust. For me it was a Crown and Coke bust. In fact, after my IML title year, I will more than likely be running for the Mr. Betty Ford Leather title. I had a great time there and then we were supposed to head to the Lone Star; however, the friends I was with thought they knew how to get there and they did not. They took me to the Hole in the Wall instead. So we hung out there for a while. It was nice to wrap up the weekend there.

I flew home on Monday. I've been doing school and day-to-day stuff since returning home. It's always good to be home, even if it is for only two days.

Next up: Baltimore for Mr. Maryland Leather contest. Looking forward to it!!

Your Leather Brother,

Jeffrey

No comments:

Post a Comment